Wednesday 20 October 2021

The End...Of The Review Basement?

 Hey everyone! How's it going? I'm doing very well. So you might be wondering why I haven't posted my review of season 2 of Love, Victor or my season 1 review of Only Murders in the Building right? Well, that's what I'm going to be talking about in this post today. So let's get into it!

For the last little while I've been just a tad unhappy about the way The Review Basement is going. Oh don't get me wrong I've had fun on this blog in the last year and a half since I moved The Review Basement over from Word Press and got alot of reviews and posts done that I never got to do because of the way Word Press is set up and how time consuming that made writing reviews and other posts. But, I haven't been able to settle on a focus for the blog. Which is why I created Josh's Movie Review Corner back on Word Press. The PROBLEM with that is that unless I actually posted something over there every day, my views didn't go up. A post would do well on the day I posted it but that would be it, until I put up the next post. Which is part of the reason I left Word Press in March of last year and deleted the original Review Basement blog. Blogger has been way better in that regard. But something still isn't right.

After thinking about it for the last week or so, I've realized that The Review Basement has become just another review site. I reviewed modern movies, TV shows, comic books, and video games (sort of), and those posts don't do as well as my reviews of things from my childhood or when I did Living With Disabilities, which I ended up abandoning because I also lost sight of what I originally intended for that to be in the first place. Which really sucks because when I began the blogger version of The Review Basement, I had big plans and big dreams for what I wanted it to be. And only some of it ended up happening the way I wanted it to. It didn't help that at the very beginning of the blog I ended up having to take a month off because I ended up getting sick with a very bad Urinary Tract Infection that, no joke, was very close to killing me. I know, that sounds hyperbolic coming from me, but it's true.

So, with that said, I am shutting down The Review Basement. However, I'm not going away from blogging. Far from it. I'm starting a brand new blog called Josh's Nostalgia Corner. It's here on Blogger and I am only going to be talking about the media and entertainment that I grew up with from 1986, when I was born, to just after my 29th birthday in 2015 though I'm still going to be talking about special stuff from after that, especially things where my friends and family were involved. I just won't be reviewing anything current or anything from the past that I have no interest in. The focus will be on my childhood and the things I experienced in the realm of entertainment which will be quite different. Here's the link for the new blog:

Josh's Nostalgia Corner

There's no content on there right now. But I'll be doing my first post on there tomorrow. So come join me on the new blog. Unlike with the original Word Press version of The Review Basement, I'm not deleting this blog. Once this post is up, I'll have 318 posts on here, so you can go back and read those any time you wish. I just want to do something different with my blog and don't want to have a third shift (or is it millionth???) in content on this blog. I also won't be posting on Josh's Movie Review Corner anymore either, but that will still be up for you folks to peruse if you so choose. Anyways guys I think that's going to be it for me for tonight. I'll be back on the new blog tomorrow though for a look at the very first two video games I ever played. So until then have a wonderful night and I will talk to you all later. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment